Welcome to the Lunatic Fringe

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to help support PFN?

In lieu of ads you can help me to offset PFN operating costs by making any of your Amazon.com purchases through this link at no additional cost to you.

College Hoops "Other Games" thread (2018/2019 Season)

TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,484PFN Referee
edited November 2018 in Wolfpack Sports
Might as well get one of these going for the basketball season so we can celebrate UNC losses and discuss other of intriguing matchups..

UNC on the road at Wofford and only 10.5 point favorites.  I know hardly anything about the NCAA teams yet this year but that's a trap line if I ever seen one..

Duke and Kentucky tipping off tonight at 9:30 tonight should hopefully be a great encore to our game.

Comments

• On the road at Wofford?! Who had what on who to pull that off?!
  • TheAliasTrollTheAliasTroll Posts: 1,484PFN Referee
    edited November 2018
    GC, yeah apparently the kids over at Wofford been camping out for tickets.  Their gym only holds 3,500 so Cameron Indoor stadium it ain't.  But I reckon it'll be sold out and hostile as it can be.  Very weird indeed seeing the Holes open up on the road there.  Roy's doing somebody a favor.

bump for visibility for the Duke game if anyone wants to discuss.. but I'm goin to bed!
  • freshmanin83freshmanin83 Posts: 706PFN Referee
    Yeah Zion knocked down that three.
  • They're both solid up and down the lineup.
  • FSU up big over Florida. 
    Rebounding against them will take fundamentals and effort.
  • Zion reminds of watching Julius Peppers on the basketball floor for Carolina.
  • Duke is unconscious right now.  34-13
  • Did you guys know Zion Williamson is 285lb with a 45 inch vertical?  Because he's 285lb with a 45 inch vertical.  A 45 inch vertical is very high for somebody who weighs 285lb.  There aren't many 285lb guys with a 45 inch vertical because a 45 inch vertical is almost unheard regardless of whether someone weighs 285lb or not, which Zion Williamson does, weigh 285lb that is, which is very big.  Also he has a 45 inch vertical.   285lb.  
  • I did hear that somewhere or another.
    So what i hear you saying is a preternaturally large dude can jump out of the building and plays for duke?
  • So what i hear you saying is a preternaturally large dude can jump out of the building and plays for duke?
    In fact there is.  His name is Zion Williamson and he is 285lb with a 45 inch vertical, in case you weren't aware.  They tested it and it was very high.  Which I will need to be if I  have to listen to these announcers much more.  
    Did you hear he is not just a dunker and to think so is an offence to humanity?
  • At least we didn't have to hear Dickie V ramble on about him with that irritating voice.

I had no idea he was that heavy and it was kinda neat watching someone that big get up like that and seemingly glide through the air. Reminded me of a big C-5 Galaxy that looks like it should fall out of the sky.

I'm sure after another game or two of ESPNs lovefest with him it will get old, until they beat Carolina like that.
  • ryebreadryebread Posts: 738
    edited November 2018
    I’d heard more than enough about Zion and Barret before they ever hit the court.  K is all in on the “bag man, one and done” player.  I wonder when we’re ever going to see anything out of the FBI/NCAA about Nike because from where I am sitting the rich just keep getting richer.

I will say that Duke is like this every year though.  Early in the season is where it is even more about talent than coaching, and they always have a few wins early that make them look really good and then by the end of the year their weaknesses have been exposed.  Having said that, I don’t remember a blowout like this versus a team as good (on paper) as Kentucky.

Regarding DukieV, who love all things blue blooded, and his buddy Bilas the insufferable, I find it best to watch on mute.  It is surprisingly more enjoyable.
    edited November 2018
    Damn I woke up to see Duke put up a buck eighteen on them?  WTF kind of mutants they got playing over in Durham?
  • I went to bed at the half.  They looked worlds better than Kentucky.

• RickRick Posts: 1,259PFN Referee
    I don't watch much college basketball outside of state. It is such a corrupt and uneven playing field, why bother. 

• KingHippo_fka_BJD95KingHippo_fka_BJD95 Posts: 2,075PFN Referee
    Sounds like I can mostly skip hoops season (aside from our games, at least).
  • 13OT13OT Posts: 49
    After watching both Pack games in the PNC so far, and then seeing Duke on tv last night, it's obvious that the Devils are marching to Zion and we're marching in the other direction. 

This is going to be a tough season, and considering we seem to have gone the way of program-building with primarily grad students and transfers, I don't see much improvement for the foreseeable future.
    lol you writing off the season already after the first game, a 50 point win?
  • And one off season
    Watching a game in person as opposed to the TV must make a big difference. 
    edited November 2018
    I'm just teasing 13OT, hell he might be right when it's all said and done.  I didn't get to watch much of either game.. I'm just going by final scores over here.  But that said I remain hopeful for this season.